9’ Wide Road Friendly Transport (Optional)
Road Friendly TransportTM option is available on both models. This dealer installed option transforms the R1 to a road friendly 9’ (2.75m) wide transport. Switch from field to transport in 30 seconds, for quick, safe travel to, from, and between fields. Moving from a 10 to 16 foot mower can increase productivity by 60%, making this option ideal for operations where width restrictions are the limiting factor.
Clean Cut & 3 Year Cutterbar Warranty
Our low profile forward mounted cutting discs provide a flat header angle resulting in a cleaner, smoother cut than ever before. And this new design is backed by MacDon’s 3 Year Cutterbar Warranty. That’s our way of ensuring worry-free harvesting performance.
Featuring the industry’s widest conditioning roll at 129” (328cm), and 4 interchangeable conditioning options. Choose from Steel Inter-Meshing, Polyurethane Inter-Meshing, Finger Conditioner, or No Conditioner option. The R1 lays down well-formed, well-conditioned WIDE to NARROW windrows to suit a variety of conditioning needs.
Low Horse Power Requirements (PTO Completion Package)
Requires only 100hp for 13’ and 125hp for 16’ model. 1000 PTO 1.375” (35mm) / 21 spline or 1.75” (45mm) / 20 spline. Less horse power means less fuel consumption.
Polyurethane Iinter-Meshing Conditioning Roller Option
- Delivers a combination crimp/crush action while being more gentle to plant leaves
- A combination of the wide rolls (129”) which promotes a thin material mat and the roll profile (crush type) is ideally suited to such crops as alfalfa, alfalfa/grass mix
- Also effective for finer stemmed plants which usually have more solid stems like native hay, timothy and bermuda grass
Steel Inter-Meshing Conditioning Roller Option
- A crimp style is especially effective for stiff or solid plant stem material
- Produces well-formed windrows over a wide range of widths
- For high volume crops where aggressive feeding through header is an advantage, such as milo, sudan grass, and oats
- In smooth stemmed crops like timothy, the steel bars provide positive crop flow from cutterbar to the windrow
- For alfalfa producers, the steel inter-meshing roll action assists plant dry down by creating uniform crimps on the plant stem, without bruising the delicate leaves
- Able to provide consistent conditioning through uneven crop volumes
- In areas where crops and or conditions are considered to be abrasive
- Extremely durable requires minimal maintenance
Finger Conditioning Roller Option
- Wipes stem wax from plant stems
- Crops and conditions where removal of stem waxes combined with fluffier windrows are able to achieve desired dry down times such as Coastal Grass and other mixed forages
- Requires the least amount of horsepower of the conditioner types