Warehouse Lead (Westward)
Nov 22, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Warehouse Lead oversees shipping, receiving and/or logistics. Leads a group of Distribution Center employees and ensures productivity measures are being met. Each Warehouse Lead will be responsible for a functional area of the Warehouse.
- Monitor functional area and ensure staff are handling product as per quality standards.
- Monitor functional area and ensure staff is preforming activities as per the shipping and receiving schedule.
- Ensure trailers are being loaded and unloaded in a reasonable timeframe.
- Assist staff with questions regarding basic work functions.
- Perform functional area stand-up meetings.
- Motivate and encourage teamwork to accomplish scheduled tasks.
- Schedule couriers for time sensitive pick-ups.
- Train new staff on basic functional area tasks.
- Maintain functional area supplies.
- Ensure daily clean-up of functional area by staff.
- Any other duties assigned by Warehouse Supervisor.
- Monitor Warehouse KPI’s, investigate and adjust areas failing to meet the standards.
- Assign work to Warehouse personnel.
- Plan inbound and outbound schedules.
- Certified forklift operating license required.
- Minimum three to five years of progressive Shipping and Receiving experience, or equivalent experience.
- JD Edwards experience is beneficial.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
*This position is based in Regina, SK*