Test Technician - Canada
Sep 22, 2021
PURPOSE & SCOPE
The Test Technician role is a vital part of an international team of innovators that collaborate to solve critical problems related to the agricultural industry through the development of machinery. These individuals are provided a unique experience in which their problem solving abilities are tested while they develop their hands-on experience working with prototype machinery. The Test Technician will use their unique perspectives to be an integral part of the research and development of agricultural prototypes through field and lab tests over an 8-12 month term. Term start date options: January 2022 and May 2022.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with a variety levels of leadership in the Test Department to manage the day to day for field testing activities of prototype machines.
- Liaise with leadership in performing and completing the verification and validation requirements of their prototype machines.
- Use project management software to efficiently compile information and prepare reports which are used in the decisions of the engineering design process.
- Work with the members of the Engineering Shop and Test Department as needed in preparing machines and equipment/tools for testing.
- Coordinate with Design Engineers on the performance of various systems and processes.
- Observe test machines in the field and lab, gather electronic data using data acquisition, make valued judgments and discuss observations with customers and team members.
- Design and fabricate testing jigs and apparatuses to collect and replicate field testing conditions.
- Analyze and present data through the completion of detailed engineer test reports in conjunction with the Test Leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong Mechanical abilities - experience with machinery repairs is an asset.
- Possess a strong passion for agriculture and equipment.
- Ability to adapt and willing to learn in various situations.
- Highly motivated individuals with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Intuitive, self-motivated and hard working with lots of patience.
- Proficient in Windows and Office Software.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good planning and administration abilities.
- Ability to work in both team situations and independently.
- Extensive experience working with data acquisition systems, sensors and strain gauges is preferred.
- Available to travel over extended periods of time. (This position does involve potential travel outside of Canada; this is not a mandatory part of the role and students will be asked about their ability/comfort traveling throughout the recruitment process.)
- Must hold and maintain valid driver's license.