Nov 15, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The Test Engineer/Technologist is responsible for verifying and validating our emerging technologies and current production features. The work of this function focuses on the execution of test plans, reporting of test outcomes, support of Test Technicians and follow up on issues related to verification and validation of prototypes.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development and review of test plans to ensure plans are complete, timelines are clear and ownership and responsibilities are understood.
- Design test jigs and fixtures and execute test plans.
- Develop test vectors, setup, and scripts for automated testing.
- Maintain clear objectives of live test plans.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to the Test Technicians assigned to the prototypes.
- Instrument prototype machines as per test plans.
- Participates in and/or owns the analysis of data, and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Correlate lab testing, field data and theoretical results as needed.
- Participates in product development activities (design reviews, project development, FMEA’s, etc) as needed.
- Participate in product design and field review sessions.
- Communicates daily to the Product Test Leaders and directly to other cross functional team members as needed.
- Read and review daily reports of designated prototypes to ensure all testing objectives are met, drive action and resolution as required.
- Communicate lab testing requirements with Lab Test Leader to plan resources for future testing requirements.
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Continuously improve processes leveraging the Engineering Ci process.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.Sc. in Engineering or Diploma in Engineering Technology.
- Mechanical skills with knowledge of hydraulic & electrical circuits.
- Experience with electrical hardware, software and their interaction with mechanical systems
- Experience with various software languages is an asset (such as Python, Matlab, C/C++)
- Minimum two years related work experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with data acquisition and data analysis is an asset.
- Available to travel over extended periods.