Supplier Quality Engineer
Jan 31, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Execution and maintenance of relevant systems such as supplier evaluation, qualification and approval, supplier surveillance and handling of supplier nonconforming material and corrective actions. Work closely with other functions including Design and Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Product Support to ensure a high quality and reliability levels are achieved for purchased parts and outsourced services. Execution of continuous improvement projects to improve the quality of the supply base.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality management systems including:
Assist in the development and maintenance of MacDon Supplier Quality Requirements.
Support the Supplier evaluation, qualification and approval process.
Support the development and maintenance of the MacDon approved vendors list (AVL).
- Support the, development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality surveillance programs including:
Supplier Audit Program.
Supplier Performance monitoring.
Supplier Rating System and Reporting.
- Interface with parts, materials and outsourcing suppliers on all quality issues.
- Work with Procurement to ensure that relevant MacDon quality requirements are included in the purchase orders.
- Chairing of the Supplier MRB, disposition of supplier nonconforming products and execution of the Supplier Corrective Action System.
- Participate in the collection of the necessary data and develop the appropriate key performance indicators that accurately depict the quality levels of purchased parts/material and outsourced services. These quality levels are dynamic and should be achieved and increased regularly.
- Participate in the enhancements and development of measuring reports and tools to accurately depict the overall performance of the supplier quality function.
- Support the Product Realization Process and represents the Supplier Quality function in the New Product Development cross functional teams.
- Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) activities from a supplier quality perspective.
Education and Experience
- A university degree in engineering or science.
- Minimum five years of applied Supplier Quality Assurance experience in a medium to high volume hi-tech industry.
- Lean six sigma training is an asset.
- QMS audit training.
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of Supplier Quality Assurance programs including; selection, qualification, development, auditing and surveillance.
- Solid experience in Quality Management System and Manufacturing Processes auditing methods and techniques.
- Applied experience in statistics and statistical process control.
- Effective oral/written communication, interpersonal, leadership, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and external suppliers/subcontractors.
- Computer skills; ERP, Windows OS and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.