Apr 19, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for leading the skilled trades, maintenance and Custodian teams to support ongoing manufacturing operations for each shift.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Leads :
- Approximately 20 Association employees; including Journeymen Electricians, Journeyman Industrial Mechanics, General Maintenance and Janitors.
- Tactical leadership of skilled trades, maintenance and facilities team.
- Assist in tactical and root cause problem solving and technical issues related to facilities equipment, hydraulic test rigs, HVAC systems and capital equipment.
- Implement and project manage facilities projects including location, installation and systems related to equipment acquisition.
- Assist in the creation and management of equipment and facility preventative maintenance activities.
- Perform facilities duties including Paint-line, HVAC, fire and safety, electrical, structural and environmental systems.
- Spill response and reporting.
- Lifting equipment development and approval including 3rd party sign-off where required.
- Interact with regulatory and external personnel on issues related to equipment, facilities and maintenance systems.
Education and Experience
- Engineer with two to five years of engineering experience (EIT acceptable), Certified Engineering Technologist with three to seven years of experience or Journeyman with Red Seal Certification with ten year of experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional ability to work in and lead a team.
- Ability to interpret and develop technical drawings, specifications and documents.
- Demonstrated data management and problem solving skills.
- Project management experience.
- Desire to work cross-functionally, develop as a leader and engineer and improve our work environment