Superintendent - Assembly
Apr 30, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Oversees the Department Supervision, daily plant schedules and goals and drives continual improvement. Coordinates activities in everyday plant operations and longer-term projects, while ensuring all Manufacturing processes are followed and production is completed on time.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, maintains and adjusts Standard Work. Audits and assists with 5S.
- Follows and adjusts Manufacturing processes to ensure production is completed on time.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and direct all the activities of the Department and Personnel, including daily plant schedules.
- Ensure that all Foremen/Supervisors enforce company procedures, standards, policies and safety regulations.
- Be supportive, coach and assist Supervisors in everyday issues regarding both personnel issues and plant operations.
- Work with the Human Resources in hiring, terminations, internal transfers and other personnel issues.
- Interface with QC, Safety, Engineering and Procurement.
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Intimately understands and enforces the Production Golden Rules - has the authority to break them where required (and knows the consequences).
- Final approval of performance reviews. Overall management of departmental performance reviews and subsequent development plans.
- Identifies system capacity and maintains performance to maximize utilization, efficiency and area performance.
- Manages root cause variance issues outside of department to ensure resolution.
- Sets plan and works with Manufacturing Engineering to determine labour and resource requirement standards.
- Inventory adjustment resolution and prevention, including maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Request for PRB/MRB and review of PRB/MRB 'multiple hit' items. Confirmation of resolution from internal and external suppliers.
- Determines the level of cross-functional training between jobs, roles, and areas. Develops associated training plans.
- Identifies areas and processes requiring detailed process review and/or opportunities for reduction in non value-added activity.
- Drives Departmental Continuous Improvement activities.
- Maintains a clean and safe plant standard and ensures accountability by area owner(s).
- Develop and maintain succession plans for key Personnel of the Department, including Superintendent role
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a job related discipline and a minimum of five years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment, that includes supervisory, quality and manufacturing engineering experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with leading, training or actively implementing Lean Manufacturing activities
- Experience working with Collective Agreements is an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent decision-making capabilities and the ability to work in a high paced work environment
- Strong negotiations, presentation and communication (both verbal and written) skills to effectively lead, motivate, mentor and develop team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good planning and administrative abilities
- Knowledge of Agricultural equipment would be an asset
- Knowledge of company product and production flow is an asset