Software Development Engineer
Nov 28, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading product designs. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Software development for Microcontrollers with experience in:
- IQAN Creative Studio
Software development for embedded Linux with experience in:
- QT creator environment
- QML or another declarative programming language.
- Bash/Shell scripting
- App development for Android/IOS devices
- Ability to understand the control system theory relating to electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Review and provide software spec improvements or maintenance for complex subsystems.
Design support, including travel, for current product production and field issues.
- Provide support for software DVT activities, Prototype build and testing.
- Detailed understanding of communication protocols such as CAN(J1939), ISOBUS, RS232, USB, and Ethernet.
- Experience with model based software design using the MATLAB/Simulink tools.
- Project planning.
- Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability.
- Risk assessments (DFMEA)
- Develop and implement validation plan (DVT)
- Build and support prototypes
- Develop product and service related publications.
- Vendor selection.
- Current product engineering support.
- Continuous learning of MacDon and competitive products.
- Create and support shop and test work orders
- Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports.
- MS Office product, in particular a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program.
- Eligibility for APEGM or CTTAM registration.
- Experience in machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets.
- Farm background is highly desirable. Including extensive experience operating and maintaining farm equipment; particularly harvesting equipment used in the markets MacDon competes in globally.