Quality Lab Technician
Sep 07, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Verify that product conforms to MacDon Industries Ltd. Engineering specifications.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used and/or Operated:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Leica Laser Tracker
- Personal Computer
- Hardness Testers
- MicroSectioning Equipment
- Surface Roughness Tester
- Stereo Microscope
- Manual Inspection Tools
- Overhead Crane
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Operate and program Quality Lab tools for conformance verification of components and materials.
- Report results to CMMLAB Supervisor, Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineering, Supply Chain and Product Support.
- Make recommendations for improvements in design or manufacturing process as a result of inspection.
- Assess completeness and accuracy of vendor supplied reports.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or Mech. Eng. Technologist.
- Programming experience preferred.
- Experience with various raw materials (castings, steel, plastics etc.).
- Familiar with application of industry standards (SAE, ASTM, etc.).
- Experience with Measuring Software (RE: PCDMIS, CAM2 and Polyworks) is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid understanding of GD&T
- Familiar with modern manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of First Article Inspection methods.
- Good math skills.
- Blue Print reading.
- Maintain a good attendance record and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Shift Work required.
- Operate overhead crane.
- Lubricate and clean equipment, as applicable.
- Maintain a clean work area and inform area supervision of any unsafe conditions.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job or as assigned