Prototype Shop Coordinator
Jan 22, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Schedule all prototype builds in the Engineering Prototype Shop.
- Prioritize work in the Engineering Prototype shop for all workstations (develop contingency/recovery plans as necessary to ensure timelines are met).
- Work with the Engineering team to determine scope and timing of design releases to plan prototype build.
- Communicates plans effectively to all team members.
- Network with supply chain, parts department and manufacturing as required.
- Participate in morning standup meeting with a specific focus on build timing.
- Verify WO completion dates and order quantities before releasing WO to the shop.
- Create Prints and verify part locations and routings through the shop WO system.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of our processes.
- Actively coach and train new employees on the shop WO ordering process.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Post secondary education an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Strong general computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working with basic mechanical hardware.
- Able to read drawings and interpret Bills of Materials.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work overtime as required as required.