Nov 03, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The Production Scheduler assigns work to each station in the production shops according to the production schedule and formal work station capacity limits. The Scheduler addresses unplanned requests from downstream customers by adjusting the sequence or selection of work throughout the day.
This position has Day and Evening Rotating Shift Work.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Manages, maintains and adjusts Standard Work. Audits and assists with 5S.
- Maintain the Production Job Board in the assigned department Load each work station to achieve maximum utilization of the equipment during normal working hours for the department
- Load each work station to achieve maximum utilization of the equipment during normal working hours for the department
- Collaborate with area leadership to reroute work between stations to achieve level shop loading when required
- Coordinate schedule details with upstream and downstream department schedulers
- Resequence jobs on the board to address urgency requests from downstream departments
- Reschedule jobs to facilitate insertion of “rush” jobs when practical to do so
- Continually look for opportunities to improve the flow and velocity of work through the shops, and provide appropriate feedback, advice, and assistance to the Production Planning and Manufacturing departments.
- Collaborate with Production Planners to outsource work when capacity or capability conflicts exist
Education and Experience
- APICS training (CPIM) highly desirable
- Active enrollment or completion of an APICS certification program.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Good computer and data analysis skills (proficient use of MS Excel)
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient with Excel and Word