Product Specialist - Australia
Jul 14, 2020
LOCATION: South Australia – within reasonable distance to Adelaide Airport preferred
TERRITORY: South Australia & Western Australia
TRAVEL: Extensive domestic and some international travel required
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Provide excellent product support to the dealer network by solving technical issues in a professional and timely manner. Maximize sales of products by actively promoting the entire product range to dealers and to new and existing customers at field days, customer days/nights, etc.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of products.
- Assisting in the technical, marketing and sales support for MacDon products.
- Plan and attend dealer/ customer training, field days and exhibitions, open house days or nights at the dealership.
- Providing product training for Dealers and customers for MacDon products.
- Strategically manage dealers with highly developed relationships with key contacts.
- Visit and contact dealers on a regular basis to provide technical support, marketing and sales support for MacDon products.
- Reports completed on time and accurately.
- Provide on timely basis, expense reports and other administrative requirements as directed.
- Report in a timely manner and accurately on dealer and customer reaction to MacDon products on a regular basis utilizing the MacDon standard Service Contact Report format.
- Identifying emerging or changing customer requirements for products.
- Make recommendations on product improvement.
- Reporting to management on strategies, activities, opportunities applicable to our markets.
- Provide input at sales meetings for the ordering of MacDon products from MDI.
- Maintain up to date competitive information about both product and price.
- Health and Safety - Comply with H&S requirements.
Education and Experience
- Related University or College degree, or technical qualification
- Familiar in the operation of farm machinery with an strong emphasis on grain and hay harvesting equipment
- Able to address product technical issues, recommend design improvements, and perform field demonstrations
- Ability to provide technical and sales training to OEM customers, dealers and customers.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills: oral and written
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft products including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team environment and in unsupervised individual situations
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be prepared to travel within Australia on a regular basis
- A valid passport is required and must be able to travel internationally.