Product Managment Student
Winnipeg, MB (some travel)
Jan 22, 2019
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The Product Management Student will assist with the execution of various demo programs. This position works closely with dealers, customers, Territory Managers and MacDon’s marketing group to maximize new product exposure across the U.S. and provide related feedback to MacDon Winnipeg. This is an 8-12 month term position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Support Territory Managers in arranging new product demos in several different U.S. territories. This will involve working with dealers and customers and may require moving equipment locally.
- Train dealers and customers on operation and features of new product.
- Report weekly in a written report on product issues experienced. Assist MacDon Product Support with preliminary diagnostics and minor repairs.
- Report weekly on customer and dealer product feedback, with a final program summary at end of term to be presented to MacDon’s Sales and Marketing group.
- Assist with set-up and perform maintenance on demo equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experienced in the operation of MacDon SP windrowers and rotary headers.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Ability to travel to the U.S.
- Intuitive, self-motivated and hard working.
- Class 3 (or equivalent) driver’s license an asset.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Strong Mechanical abilities. Experience with machinery repairs an asset.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits. Troubleshooting and repair experience an asset.
- Must hold and maintain valid driver’s license and be able to travel in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia. Available to travel over extended periods of time.