Product Manager/Purchaser - Westward Parts
Mar 12, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Product Managers are responsible for driving success in their Product Lines by achieving sales targets, facilitating product sales training, participating in sales and marketing initiatives.
- Engage Suppliers in our business by promoting opportunities with Westward Parts
- Forecast market trends to identify changes in industry
- Maintain electronic database detailing the total cost of acquisition for products and participate in the generation of their on-going pricing structure
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for management and participate in operations strategy and risk management discussions
- Effectively negotiate pricing and terms of conditions with suppliers
- Manage and monitor inventory levels across all warehouse locations to meet internal and external demand of product to minimize out of stock situations
- Work closely with carriers and explore any intercompany cost saving opportunities
- Establishes shipment schedules, monitors Purchase Order status and progress
- Proactively coordinate and monitor the flow of delivery of products, following established business processes and standardized tools to ensure efficiency. Including tracking freight quotes and recording incoming freight/logistics costs
- Support Marketing Department with up to date information and product content
- Contribute to the goals of the department by creating a positive work environment that includes respect for others, open communication and a commitment to teamwork. Participate in team meetings and contribute recommendations for improving workflow or creating efficiencies within the team
- Other Responsibilities as delegated by Supply Chain Manager
Education and Experience:
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or agriculture business environment.
- Related work experience in a supply chain-purchasing environment
- Demonstrated negotiation experience and strong negotiations skills sets (communication, assertiveness, results-oriented, persuasive)
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation such as CPIM considered an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Must be able to travel to different locations and attend to work issues where and when they occur.
- JD Edwards experience is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of Quality, Inventory and Logistics