Product Management Support - US, Co-op Term
Feb 02, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
This term position in the Product Management Support role, will assist with the execution of the various demo programs. This position works closely with dealers, customers, Territory Managers and MacDon’s marketing group to maximize new product exposure across the U.S. and provide related feedback to MacDon Winnipeg. This is an 8-month term which runs from May 3 – December 23, 2021.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Territory Managers in arranging new product demos in several different U.S. territories. This will involve working with dealers and customers and may require moving equipment locally.
- Train dealers and customers on operation and features of new product.
- Report weekly in a written report on product issues experienced. Assist MacDon Product Support with preliminary diagnostics and minor repairs.
- Report weekly on customer and dealer product feedback, with a final program summary at end of term to be presented to your Product Manager.
- Assist with set-up and perform maintenance on demo equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Enrolled in (or graduated from) a University Engineering or Agriculture Program, or a College Engineering or Agriculture program.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced in the operation of combines and draper headers.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Ability to travel to the U.S.
- Intuitive, self-motivated and hard working.
- Class 3 (or equivalent) driver’s license an asset.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Strong Mechanical abilities-experience with machinery repairs an asset.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits – troubleshooting and repair experience an asset.