Product Management Student
Mar 22, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The Product Management Student will assist with support of sales and product development. This position works closely with dealers, customers, Territory Managers and MacDon’s marketing group to maximize new product exposure and provide related feedback on new and future products to MacDon Winnipeg. Term may be 8 - 12 Month in length.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Assist the Product Management Group with collection and interpretation of customer feedback
- Travel to support Territory Managers with new product demonstrations throughout North America. This will involve working with dealers and customers to educate them on operation and features of MacDon Products
- Regular reporting to the Product Management Group on customer and dealer feedback, product issues, and future needs.
- Research on current and developing markets
- End of term report to be presented to MacDon’s Sales and Marketing group.
- Travel required 60% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in the operation of Farm Equipment. Preference for familiarity with Combines, Tractors, Windrowers and MacDon equipment
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Ability to travel to the U.S. for extended periods (2 weeks+)
- Intuitive, self motivated and hard working.
- Class 3 (or equivalent) driver’s license an asset.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Strong Mechanical abilities. Experience with machinery repairs an asset.
- Passion for Agriculture!