Nov 20, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Reporting to the Production Control Manager, the main responsibilities of this job is to plan in-house facilities relating to manufacturing as well as outsourcing with the goal of accomplishing the Master Production Schedule requirements.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufacturing capacity planning of in-house facilities and outsourcing.
- Production planning and shop scheduling for in house manufacturing.
- Work order generation using MRP system; follow up and coordination between Supply Chain and Manufacturing to achieve work order targets.
- Planning and control of sub-contracted work.
- Establish and monitor “Order Policy codes” and “Order Policy Values” by part type.
- Actively participate in Cross functional teams.
- Support the team in achieving KPI targets
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Control Manager
Education and Experience
- Five years production planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of production planning module of a well implemented ERP system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well organized team leader.
- JDE experience, lean supply/chain manufacturing, 5S and value stream mapping would be advantageous.
- Relevant post-secondary logistics/production planning training such as APICS certification.