Feb 08, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Parts Technician is responsible for the Engineering Change Process, Parts Master Data, and Managing Parts through the complete Life Cycle.
- Manage the Engineering Change process and impact throughout the complete Parts distribution system.
o Ensure Engineering changes meet requirements of Parts Business Processes and JD Edwards ERP system.
o Request changes to improve Parts offerings and processes.
o Represent the Parts Department at all relevant Change/Product Review Meetings.
- Manage the complete Life Cycle for Parts:
o Ensure Parts needs are effectively communicated to other areas to best support parts supply.
o Manage the strategies of parts in different stages of their Life Cycle i.e. New, Current, Non-Current, and Legacy.
o Rationalize SKUs (Stock Keeping Units) through such activities as replacements, kits, universal fit, obsolescence).
o Establish and implement Parts Stock Holding Policy.
- Coordinate the New Product Development (NPD) process for all Parts functions:
o Ensure all Distribution Centers, Distributors and Dealers are stocked appropriately to support new product launches.
o Ensure Parts Manuals meet the needs of the Parts Department.
o Assist Parts Marketing with all technical aspects of Marketing Materials.
o Represent the Parts Department at all NPD Meetings.
o Lead the Development of Stock Lists for Dealers, Distributors, and Distribution Centers.
o Determine Packaging requirements, branding, and package quantities for Parts distribution.
o Manage all Parts Master Data and all Product Identification Codes such as Sales Category Codes, and Return Codes.
o Assist all Parts areas on parts technical issues.
o Work Closely with Parts Forecasting, Supply Chain, Marketing and Distributors to support inventory management, fill rates, and sales goals.
o Develop and document processes and procedures for each area of responsibility.
- Education and Experience
- Strong Technical aptitude with a Mechanical background.
- Experience working in a Service Parts environment, including Forecasting/Planning, MRP, Bill of Material Management, and Distribution or Logistics an asset.
- Experience with Agricultural Equipment an asset.
- University Degree in Engineering or Business or Diploma in Engineering Technology or Business Administration an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of New Product Launch Readiness, part number rationalization, inventory management, fill rate and sales.
- Basic project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Sound business judgment