Manufacturing Engineer Student
Apr 06, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
To improve the work flow within the manufacturing areas of metal cutting, machining, fabrication, welding, painting and assembly. This is a 4 month term starting on May 4, 2021.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Identify and remove waste using lean methodologies.
- Perform standard work analysis
- Perform time motion studies.
- Write standard work instructions.
- Work in Solid Edge to create drawings for layouts, tools and fixtures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering program
Skills and Knowledge
- Motivation with creative energy and initiative.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).