Manager of Configuration Management
Feb 09, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading products. The position is focused on defining and maintaining the integrity of product data under configuration control in highly dynamic change environment. This role is the process owner of the Configuration Management business process for MacDon.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, implement and maintain the MacDon Configuration Management system, policies and procedures.
- Lead the activities of change management and product data management professionals (PDM) to ensure the structure of engineering changes meets the needs of downstream customers and that the implementation of engineering changes is coordinated for smooth execution of production.
- As process owner of the business processes that define and govern Configuration Management, develop the Configuration Management business processes, procedures, the corporate systems/tools to support it, and the process metrics or KPIs.
- Work closely with engineering groups in the creation of product baseline configuration.
- Monitor, evaluate and report as required to the Director on performance and status of the team deliverables.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Configuration Review Board (CRB) and PDM Team on all aspects of Configuration Management.
- Create Performance Plans and conduct Performance Reviews per MacDon’s human resource management systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of staffing levels, including planning of vacations, absences and general workforce management.
- Continuously improve the associated processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Post secondary education in Engineering, Science or Technology program or equivalent experience.
Registered for APEGM or equivalent Professional designation.
Minimum 5 years in a leadership role; in configuration management with experience in complex products.
Minimum 5 years of direct configuration management experience.
Skills and Knowledge
Knowledge of configuration management concepts, industry standards and best practices.
Affiliation with APICS would be an asset.
Working knowledge of JDE 9.2 or later is an asset.
Working knowledge of PLM software is an asset.