Manager, New Products - Westward Parts
Nov 05, 2020
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
This position is responsible for finding, sourcing or developing new product to add to the Westward product portfolio with the goal of significantly increasing sales and market position. Key aspects of the role include product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This task will consist of gathering and prioritizing product to customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with sales, marketing and purchasing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The New Product Manager will also ensure the product will support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Proactively seek out new product ideas generated through outside sales, inside sales and dealers and by searching online, attending trades show, and researching existing supplier’s product portfolios.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements. Including: appraising new product ideas and/or packaging/branding options.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Assesses market competition by comparing target product with the competitor product.
- Develop simple business case criteria for prioritizing and presenting opportunities to management.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecast and special reports and analyses.
- Lead the supplier negotiations to establish agreement and contracts where appropriate.
- With input from Sales, establish sales forecast and initial inventory requirements for launch.
- Bring new product to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establish time schedules with vendors.
- Introduce and markets new products by developing project plans and product sales strategies with stakeholders.
- Ensure the spare parts are appropriately stocked to support new product launch.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing costs, anticipating volume, special costing and customized orders.
- Follow up on success of product launch through sales analysis, dealer feedback and customer feedback.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending market events and shows, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent understanding of agricultural business and industry trends.
- 5 years of experience working in the Agricultural market. High level of Agriculture Products knowledge and experience.
- High degree of technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Willing to travel to trade shows, industry events to drive sourcing opportunities.
- Experience purchasing is an asset.
- Demonstrated success at sourcing, defining and launching products would be considered an asset.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, and meet all project measurements, (sales, costs, gross margin, quality, and schedule.) Must be organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS office, as well as knowledge of internal computer systems.