Manager, Financial Reporting and Controls
Nov 25, 2020
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
We are seeking a dynamic individual who has strengths in attention to detail, organization, multitasking, and working with financial information in a global environment to ensure successful performance. This financial role is suited to an individual experienced with IFRS in a Public Company environment, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership capabilities, and a drive to achieve results.
Works with the Group Controller & Director of Finance directly to manage the activities of the corporate accounting team ensuring generally accepted accounting principles are complied with for all reporting initiatives. Prepares or reviews financial statements and financial analysis, prepares for and supports audits, and provides forecasting advice and accounting support to the organization.
- Prepare and/or review, monthly and year-end financial statements, other accounting or financial analysis and reports, monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, cash flow projections, department budgets, business plans, corporate tax records, consolidations, government filings, etc.
- Track and analyze performance against budget
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including the year-end audits and the preparation of internal financial statements
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place for financial accounting systems and records
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures and supporting documentation. Analyze existing procedures and processes to maintain and improve efficiencies
- Foster a positive work environment; train and develop junior staff
- Cross-train with the entire financial leadership team to ensure appropriate back-up
- Ad-hoc financial analysis on an entity and group level
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related program
- CPA designation is required
- Minimum five to seven years of post-designation accounting experience, overseeing all aspects of Accounting; minimum of five years at the supervisory or managerial level
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS and Public Company reporting requirements
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting and costing in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with the preparation of corporate taxes, international reporting and transfer pricing
- Experience with consolidated financial statements for multi-national firms
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point etc.)
- Experience with JD Edwards or other similar ERP System would be an asset
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize projects