Journeyperson - Industrial Mechanic
Mar 14, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Repairs factory production and building equipment by diagnosing failed mechanical components by observation or dismantling and then overhauling the components. Performs construction, fabrication and installation of various equipment and projects as assigned to do.
- Must hold a certified Journeyman Industrial Mechanics License issued by the Province of Manitoba or bear the Red Seal Certificate from another Jurisdiction.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as a Journeyperson – Industrial Mechanic.
- Receives work instructions from Foreman / Supervisor / Chargehand / Leadhand.
- Must be able to plan work and perform jobs with a minimum of supervision.
- Must supply hand tools required for the trade.
- Plans repairs or fabricates involving the use of prints, manufacturer’s instruction sheets, sketches, shop work orders and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to make mechanical repairs to all types of mobile equipment.
- Must be able to make mechanical repairs to all types of building equipment.
- Must be able to make mechanical repairs to all types of production equipment.
- Must be able to make mechanical repairs to all types of hydraulic / pneumatic equipment.
- Design and builds fluid power circuits and equipment.
- Must be able to weld, solder and use cutting torches.
- Performs preventative maintenance to equipment.
- Must be able to layout and install machines according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Operate forklift and material handling equipment as required.
- Order necessary parts and materials and liaison with suppliers for these items.
- Expected to work in a responsible and safe manner, follow proper lock out and safety procedures.
- Directs helpers in safety and proper work procedures.
- Know and understand WHMIS labeling system and attaches labels when decanting.
- Keep work area safe and clean, and inform Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.