Health Management Specialist
Feb 03, 2021
Purpose and Scope:
This position administers Workers Compensation Board (WCB) short term disability and long term disability claims by communicating with the appropriate parties. Coordinates and develops return to work and wellness programs and provides training programs related to Health and Wellness.
- Develop and implement the MacDon Return To Work (RTW) program, educating the workforce, keeping injury and return to work statistics, and developing policies to improve RTW systems.
- Coordinate with MacDon Pandemic Response initiatives.
- Coordinate and administer WCB, Short Term and Long Term Disability Claims to ensure appropriate adjudication of claims.
- Work with the insurers to develop an injury management plan for the injured employee.
- Identify appropriate modified/transitional work tasks and assigning absent employee to available tasks.
- Maintaining confidential case records.
- Consult and work with the Health and Safety Committee and its members.
- Lead the MacDon Wellness Commitee initiatives to facilitate health and wellness initiatives throughout the Company.
- Coordinate Company Ergonomics program.
- Develop training programs related to Health and Wellness, including Safe Lifting, Ergonomics, Wellness, etc.
- Participate in Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- Other Human Resources duties as assigned as needed/necessary.
Education and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources, Health Care, Rehabilitation, and several years of related work experience in disability/absence management and/or rehabilitation, return to work planning or attendance support.
- Three to four years previous experience in Human Resources including knowledge of Safety, Disability and wellness.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, Workers Compensation and other legislation as it relates to disability management.
- Previous experience in managing and facilitating a return to work program.
- Ability to liaise with benefit carriers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Working knowledge of software products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, etc, required.