Health and Safety Coordinator
Jan 21, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Safety and Health Coordinator organizes and directs MacDon safety and security programs and ensures compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Leads :
o Informal leader of Safety Representatives
o Safety related Contractors on assignment
- Audit and confirmation of Safety System including:
o Regular Safety System and Training Audits o Facility Audits and post audit reviews with area owners and leadership.
o Lifting Equipment Audit
o Forklift Equipment Audit
o Industrial Steel Storage Racking.
- Conducts safety and risk assessments using company Risk Assessment Process.
- Investigates incidents and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Maintains and keeps current the MacDon SharePoint Safety & Health Web Page.
- Coordinates JOHSC activities and meetings.
- Reviews, updates, amends and ensures safety training material meets Regulatory and Legislated standards and company policies.
- Reviews and maintains Safe Work procedures.
- Coordinating Annual 3rd Party Safety System Audits.
- Reports and responds to regulatory activities as required.
- Provides Health & Safety Training as required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of the Occupational Health and Safety Program at Red River or other post-secondary education in Health and Safety.
- Previous experience in Health and Safety in a Manufacturing Environment an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a team.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Formally trained in lifting and mobile equipment operations.
- Trained Safety System Auditor.
- Computer and Management skills.