Harvest Support Representative
Sep 22, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
As a Harvest Support Representative for MacDon Industries, you will be provided an opportunity where you can travel the United States while expanding on your hands-on experience, during the custom wheat harvest to provide technical support to Custom Harvesters. This role will develop your customer service and communication skills as you work in a professional environment alongside others within the company to working with dealers or representatives externally. This position is a 8 month term starting on May 9 2022.
- Acknowledge customer concerns and use diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair abilities to help resolve issues.
- Work with the Product Support department to address and mitigate technical issues occurring in the field.
- Compile information and prepare reports of daily field activity to help the Product Support department with the quality of machine performance.
- Ensure that the service equipment is performing up to standards for optimum field use and conducting maintenance on the equipment when required.
- Maintain the quality of valuable tools, equipment and vehicles that are used during the custom wheat harvest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College degree, or internship, related to agriculture or engineering.
- Familiar in the operation of farm machinery is an asset. .
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of agricultural equipment and harvesting practices.
- Strong Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapter and willing to learn in various situation.
- Good communication skills; oral and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Software.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good planning and administration abilities.
- Ability to work in a team or independently as required.
- Available to travel over extended periods of time (90% of the time). Able to travel through Canada and United States. Valid passport required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to cross Canadian US border