General Worker - Term
Jan 22, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
A General Worker at MacDon Industries will perform a variety of duties within manufacturing, including performing simple assemblies, cleaning and removing spatter from parts, and other duties as assigned.
- Perform a variety of duties within manufacturing, including performing simple assemblies, cleaning and removing spatter from parts, and other duties as assigned.
- Work safely, maintain a clean work area and point out anything that may be unusual or unsafe to supervision.
- Bundle, band, or crate parts.
- Perform general duties in various departments.
- Fill out production tags and count sheets in an accurate manner.
- Work as part of a team to meet daily requirements of the department and strive for continuous improvement.
- Operate air tools (impact guns, etc.).
- Basic tool knowledge (wrench, hammer, etc.).
- Perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job or as assigned by supervision.
- Know and understand the WHMIS labeling system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school (high school diploma or equivalent).
- Successful completion of all MacDon pre-screening assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to peform the following physical requirements:
- Physically able to lift up to 47 pounds. Refer to the MacDon Safety Manual.
- Physically able to twist and bend frequently.
- Physically able to walk and/or stand for eight hours.
- Maintain a good attendance record and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Perform repetitive tasks following a prescribed routine.
- Work cooperatively with others to ensure optimum efficiency of operations.
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic hand-held and air tools. Mechanical aptitude.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Clear communication (understanding written and verbal cues)
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Able to do shift work (rotating shifts).
WORKING CONDITIONS (may have exposure to):
- Extreme temperatures (heat/cold).
- High noise levels.
- Fumes, vapors, and gases