Distribution Centre Personnel - Level 2
Oct 13, 2020
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Distribution Centre Supervisor, the main responsibilities of the position will be handling of service parts for inbound receiving and outbound shipments at the Distribution Centre. The applicant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of items received from vendors following all MacDon packaging standards. Outbound shipments will be accurately picked to the customers specifications and shipped across the globe.
- Pick and ship service parts.
- Follow quality guidelines and MacDon packaging standards.
- Use of carrier specific applications to create shipments to customer specifications.
- Consolidate customer items efficiently into over packs.
- Load and Unload trucks in an efficient and safe manner indoors and outdoors.
- Operate order picker, turret truck, double deep reach truck, combi-lift and counter balance forklifts.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work at heights of 39 ft.
- Ability to react to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure parts coming into the Distribution Center are counted, and received
- Package parts to the MacDon Packaging Standard.
- Use DSI and scripts for transactions throughout the Distribution Centre.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in an Advanced Warehouse Managed environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- A self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- A team player exhibiting a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal.
- Counting accuracy is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel an asset.
- Physically fit and capable of performing all normal warehouse activities.
- High level of manual dexterity is required.
- Forklift experience and license required.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license.
- Shift work as required in season.