Design Engineer - Term Sun Prairie, WI
Sun Prairie, WI
Sep 22, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
The Engineer for office and prototype shop will need to collaborate with fellow engineers in the office to work on projects as they are needed in the areas of design, documentation, and prototyping. This individual will gain experience from working both in the office and on the shop; the office provides the development of skills on various systems and the shop creates an opportunity to gain hands on experience.
- Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Develop detailed product designs to meet objectives of performance, cost, durability, etc.
- Prototype build planning and support
- Supporting cross-functional activities (purchasing, manufacturing, quality, publications, etc)
- Development of CAD models, drawings, and supporting information that meet MacDon requirements
- Engineering analysis of designs using hand calculations and electronic FEA (and other) tools to confirm design capabilities
- Work in conjunction with Engineering Shop Coordinator, Testing, & Design Engineers, preparing machines and prototypes for Field & Lab Testing.
- Work with other Design Engineers to interpret print vs. part discrepancies.
- Fabricate/modify parts/test stands when required.
- Maintain general housekeeping and 5S duties.
- Log Issues with Builds and Field Testing for Tracking Purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Proficient in Windows and Office Software.
- Familiarity with a CAD system, FEA software, design calculations
- Ability to use Digital camera equipment, email and video equipment to create reports.
- Good planning and administration abilities.
- Ability to work in both team situations and independently.
- Strong Mechanical abilities-experience with machinery repairs an asset.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical circuits – troubleshooting and repair experience an asset.
- Welding/Oxy/Acetylene, MIG experience is an asset.
- Internships or significant projects focused on machinery manufacturing or design
- Knowledge of mechanical components, hydraulic systems, or electro-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with Agricultural Machinery and Manufacturers
- Familiarity with various types of agricultural production systems
- A farm background an asset.