Design Engineer - Electrical
Mar 05, 2019
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading product designs. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
As a central Production Engineering resource, the specialist will work to maintain electrical system designs across product families. His/her activities will range, depending on the concern, from consulting on the components, subsystem, or system, to reviewing the entire system. Close communication and coordination will be required between the specialist and the Design Engineering Electrical Group and Product Engineering Managers (PEMs).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the resolution of electrical component or system performance concerns encountered during product assembly across all current product lines.
- Identify areas of product improvement for all product lines and design solutions to implement these improvements.
- Provide mentoring and support to Production engineering team members in their efforts to understand and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Design, develop and commission production run up stands for all current product, managing all activities to meet project timelines and budgets.
- Produce work instructions for the development of OMS’s associated with electrical systems.
- Participate in design reviews during Team Meetings.
- Work with testing to produce test plans for current product electrical systems upgrades.
- Hands on testing of design changes is required. May require travel to field for testing.
- Assist/lead as needed in troubleshooting design issues on current product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering.
- P Eng or eligible for registration with APEGM.
- Minimum of two years direct experience in the development of electrical systems for Ag equipment.
- Hands on experience supporting designs Knowledge of instrumentation to measure performance of designs.
- Experience writing and performing test plans to evaluate designs.
- Desirable to have experience with industrial control system design.
- Experience using electrical test equipment including multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Desirable related areas of familiarity include Hydraulics, Electronics, and Design of mechanical components.
- Must be functional in Solid Edge and E3.
- PLC and Python programming experience is an asset.