Oct 14, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Manager of DevOps this position is part of the team responsible for supporting and maintaining various business applications. This position works with the Network Operations and Business Analyst team to troubleshoot, diagnose and rectify problems. This position also works with Application Developers to develop, maintain and optimize PL/SQL.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Installing, patching, configuring, upgrading and maintaining various Oracle and SQL Server Databases and Database appliances in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Installing, patching, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining Oracle 19c Clusterware, RAC and ASM.
- Programming triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages using PL/SQL and T SQL.
- Working with the network operations team to ensure uptime and recoverability of the Production and Test environments.
- Working with business analyst team to ensure all application/database requirements are met.
- Working with the Network Operations team to ensure uptime and recoverability of the Production and Test environments.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Ensuring databases are optimized for database recovery, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Creating technical documents for standard operation procedures and recovery procedures.
Education and Experience
- University Degree/Technical Diploma in Computer Sciences is mandatory.
- Three plus years' experience working as an Application Administrator, Database Administrator or Software Developer in a business environment is preferred.
- Oracle Certification (OCP in version 19c) preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience using Oracle Database 19c and SQL Server is a must.
- Experience using, setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting Oracle 19c Clusterware, RAC and ASM technologies is a must.
- Experience with RMAN and Data Pump is a must.
- Experience writing PL/SQL is a must.
- Knowledge of Linux in an enterprise server environment is a must.
- Knowledge of shell scripting is must.
- Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios.
- Excellent knowledge of database performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 19c and other monitoring tools is an asset.
- Experience using and implementation of Oracle Auditing is an asset.
- Experience writing T SQL is an asset.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP system is an asset.
- Experience with data warehouse, data modeling, and ETL is an asset.
- Knowledge of VBScript and Java Script is an asset.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- A strong aptitude in learning new technology quickly and independently