Current Products Design Engineer
Sep 04, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading product designs. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
- Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Project planning
- Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability, etc.
- Prototype build planning and support
- Prototype testing planning and support
- Tool design and support
- Development of product and service related publications
- Materials and manufacturing processes selection
- Vendor selection
- Current product engineering support
- Familiarizing with existing MacDon products and competitive products
- Development of electronic design models, drawings, and supporting information.
- Engineering analysis of designs using hand calculations and electronic FEA (and other) tools to confirm design capabilities
- Design and support prototype build and test activities (field and lab test)
- Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports
- Participate in a group or individually in the Root Cause Analysis to of product issues to determine the source of the issue.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program.
- Eligibility for APEGM or CTTAM registration.
- Experience in machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets
- Farm background is highly desirable. Including extensive experience operating and maintaining farm equipment; particularly harvesting equipment used in the markets MacDon competes in globally.