Current Product Design Engineer - Student
Mar 23, 2021
PURPOSE & SCOPE
Participate in a team environment in the development, and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading product designs. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists. This is a 4 month summer position, starting on May 3, 2021.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Action ECR’s, ECN’s and Deviations to determine the impact of the change requested, considering such factors as impact to performance, durability, reliability and cost.
- Develop and collect data to provide technical support for the engineering change decision.
- Support Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, etc. in problem solving issues as they arise, with the intent of keeping the factory producing.
- In concert with Supply Chain, communicate with suppliers where engineering change is involved.
- Familiarization with existing MacDon products.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement process, seeking to continuously improve the processes you work with.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in (or graduated from) University Engineering or College Engineering Technology program.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Mechanically inclined.
- You will have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- You ideally have farming knowledge
- You will have fabrication experience (welding, cutting torch etc) • Being a UMSAE or UMATT member will be an asset.
- You will have experience operating machinery
- Good communication skills; oral and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good planning and administration abilities.