Credit Assistant – 14 Month Term
Aug 12, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Prepare daily invoicing and assist the Credit Analyst with preparation of contracts and documents for setting up dealers and maintaining a secured dealer network:
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Collate, distribute and maintain a filing system for all equipment invoices.
- Prepare contract packages for new dealer applicants.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for dealership changes as required.
- Review returned contract package for completeness and log the documents to the spreadsheets.
- Order D & B reports, and fax bank and trade references.
- File UCC’s, order UCC searches, prepare notification letters, and monitor their return.
- Continue and amend UCC filings as required.
- Order outdoor signs and maintain records on who has a sign and the type they have.
- Ensure dealer file is complete for review by Credit Manager.
- Request copies of year-ended financial statements, Retail Sales Tax Exemption Certificate, and Liability Insurance Certificate from active dealers.
- Prepare on-line waybills for courier shipments and verify delivery for contract packages and UCC notices.
- Prepare various letters required in Credit Department.
- Provide Reception Area back-up.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Assist Credit Manager with Address Book entry and accuracy
- Maintain customer relations.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school education, post-secondary business courses preferred.
- Previous experience with administrative tasks and contracts.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP systems would be an asset.