Mar 06, 2019
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for accounts receivable and credit and collection activities, including dealer applications, contract documentation, security filings and monitoring, and reporting on receivables. Credit Analysts will also assist with managing the operational relationships with wholesale finance companies and assigning and reviewing the work of the Credit Assistant.
- Review dealer/customer credit applications, collect credit check information, and recommend appropriate credit limits.
- Ensure proper dealer and security agreements and UCC filings are in place.
- Analyze customer financial statements and perform on-going reviews of credit limits.
- Work with customers to investigate, reconcile, and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Monitor accounts for past-due items, analyze aged listings, and make collection calls under the direction of the Credit Manager. Document and prepare reports on collection activities.
- Participate in the negotiation and collection of accounts requiring special handling, legal action or extensive customer negotiations.
- Issue credit approval prior to shipment of orders and manage credit holds.
- Assisting with managing the operational relationships with wholesale finance companies.
- Assist with JD Edwards Address Book management for customers.
- Supervise the Credit Assistant.
- Perform any other duties as required
- Post secondary education in Business Administration with a major in Accounting, Finance or related program.
- Completed, enrolled in or willing to pursue a Professional Accounting or Credit professional designation.
- Credit and Collections experience would be an asset.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounts receivable transactions and accounting for them, including general ledger coding, discounts, write-offs and cash applications.
- Knowledge of applicable laws governing dealer contracts and security, sales tax, collections, bankruptcy and receivership would be an asset.
- Experience with credit and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced user of Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP System would be an asset