Cost Accounting Analyst
Jan 23, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
MacDon is a world leader in technology, innovation, design, and manufacturing of high-performance harvesting equipment. We are committed to providing a safe and challenging workplace where employees can find a fulfilling career where they can grow. To further support our team in Winnipeg, we are looking for a Cost Accounting Analyst as soon as possible.
- Support the standard cost system including physical inventory, cycle counts, inventory reserve analysis, inventory reconciliation, manufacturing variances, review of bill of materials and routings, and supports program management with cost and pricing models.
- Support cost estimation and financial modelling for engineering projects.
- Prepare periodic financial results including variance analysis to budget and forecast.
- Perform cost and margin analysis for multiple products.
- Prepare monthly journal entries such as sales and cost accruals in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results.
- Prepare audit working papers and respond to audit enquiries for internal and external audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with global operating system & accounting policies.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and provide support to other departments such as engineering, operations & production.
- Final year student or graduate in good standing of a professional accounting association (CPA).
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in Cost Accounting / Financial Reporting in a (medium-to-large) manufacturing environment is required.
- Standard costing and manufacturing variance experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Expert experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel & ERP business systems.
- Experience with a time sensitive general ledger and financial closing process. This includes preparing journal entries, reconciling assigned accounts, and analyzing assigned Financial Statements.
- Experience in value added manufacturing analytics to identify anomalies or errors and recommend preventative solutions.
- Report to the Manager, Inventory and Cost Control.