Controls Application Engineer
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA
Sep 21, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, class leading agricultural product designs for the Ag/Heavy Duty Off-Road machinery market. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Ag/heavy duty off-road machinery application control developer with experience in:
- J1939, MISRA-C, ISO25119 (ISO26262)
- Experience in C, C++, C# programming languages required.
- Understanding of vehicle architecture to successfully develop multiple features into a system package.
- Exposure to Parker IQAN environment or other graphic based programming languages.
- Code documentation process (Doxygen), code revision & repository process (Github, Source Tree, Bit Bucket).
- Understand agricultural machine control system theory relating to electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability.
- Experience in project planning and vendor selection.
- Review and provide software spec improvements or maintenance for complex subsystems.
- Assist in development and implementation of validation plans (unit testing, HIL, SIL, DVT).
- Support development of risk assessments (DFMEA).
- Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports.
- Create and support shop and test work orders, assisting in fabrication and assembly as necessary.
- Support current product engineering improve product and service related publications.
- Continuous learning of MacDon and competitive products.
- MS Office products, in particular a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Exposure to model based software design using the MATLAB/Simulink tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program.
- 3-5 years previous experience in related work.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in ag/heavy duty off-road machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets.
- Farm background is highly desirable. Including extensive experience operating and maintaining farm equipment; particularly harvesting equipment used in the markets MacDon competes in globally.