Jul 20, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Ensure MRO materials are effectively sourced, and delivered to MacDon Industries on time, within quality standards and at a competitive price.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Works with the Maintenance department on sourcing products and services
- Creates and issues purchase orders based on Maintenance requirements
- Monitors past dues and expedites when necessary.
- Collaborates closely with Maintenance and the Purchasing team on New Projects and vendor selection
- Helps identify cost reduction opportunities through benchmarking and Vendor / Maintenance collaboration
- Works Closely with Purchasing Manager and Supplier Approval Board to ensure partnering with quality suppliers that are capable of meeting MacDon’s quality expectations.
- Obtains competitive price quotes
- Assists Accounts Payables in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in supply chain or a related discipline preferred.
- Experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior MRO purchasing experience is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be an innovative self starter and be able to work independently and as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Candidate should be able to employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills while making decisions based on multiple options and decisively determine the right course of action.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.