Sep 01, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems (Customers & Service), the Business Analyst will work with a dynamic team of analysts and programmers to define and implement new solutions for our Customer Portals.
The Business Analysts acts as an intermediary between the IT application teams and the business clients to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which technical solutions are developed.
The end users of Business Systems (Customers & Service) are members of the agriculture industry. The Business Analysts ensures all requirements are developed with a strong understanding of these users to ensure industry leading solutions are delivered.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Work with business stakeholders to define and understand business needs.
- Research and assess new technology to meet business needs.
- Work with business stakeholders and technical resources to develop solutions to meet business needs.
- Work with internal and external programmers to translate business requirements into working functionality.
- Develop and execute test scenarios on new functionality.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and sign-off on new functionality.
- Document reference material for new functionality.
- Provide post-implementation support of new functionality.
Education and Experience
- A university degree in Business Administration or Computer Science (or equivalent) or an equivalent combination of training and working experience.
- Experience working with a leading Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform is an asset.
- Experience working with a leading Content Management System (CMS) is an asset.
- Experience working as a Business Analyst in the manufacturing industry, distribution industry or eCommerce sector is an asset.
- A recognized certification in business analysis is an asset (i.e. CBAP, CCBA, PMI-PBA, etc.).
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology is an asset.
- Agriculture industry experience is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of following Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology.
- Proven ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-work skills.
- Knowledge of eCommerce technologies and web-development is an asset.