Business Analyst - Accounting Specialist
Feb 17, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
This position will be part of a large delivery team responsible for supporting our business systems. This crossfunctional group collaborates with business and technical team members to propose, design, deliver and support solutions that bring business value. The Accounting Specialist position is focused on accounting specific projects and support, as well as serving as a supporting team member on all projects that impact the accounting data, processes and reports. This position will play a key role in quality review of integrated projects in both methodology and results.
- Troubleshoot complex problems, investigate root cause of issues raised, recommend appropriate solutions, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Apply knowledge of general accounting principles and/or business processes to the areas of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and manufacturing cost accounting.
- Develop a solid understanding of current business operations, systems and processes.
- Understand business requirements, identify improvement opportunities in process and/or tools and propose solutions.
- Take initiative in identifying and initiating tasks Provide requirements for development of reports and dashboards with a focus on financial metrics.
- Document, coordinate and participate in testing efforts in conjunction with others to ensure the correct application of the solution.
- Provide project management oversight on smaller initiatives, and assist Project Managers in larger, enterprise-wide projects.
- Develop and deliver user training as required
- University Degree/Technical Diploma in Business/Commerce.
- Accounting designation is an asset.
- Relevant work experience in a business environment using an ERP system is required.
- Considerable experience in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of all modern Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with large datasets and relationships between tables.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing requirements