Accounting Manager - MacDon Europe
Aug 17, 2021
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Oversee the general accounting function, primarily concerning the accuracy and maintenance of the ledger accounts and the resultant financial statements. Responsible for the direct supervision of the general accounting staff
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities for this position:
- Support, foster, promote and demonstrate Linamar's Core Values and Leadership Behaviors
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility's geographic location and Linamar Global Operating System Plays and the Linamar Accounting Manual Policies.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Linamar’s Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Supervise the general accounting staff.
- Coordinate (or carry out) the monthly general ledger and financial closing process, including preparing journal entries, reconciling assigned accounts, and analyzing Financial Statements. Review work performed by other accounting staff. Should be done timely and following a monthly closing checklist.
- Provide monthly and yearly comparative financial information to management for planning and to foster continuous improvement, including insightful value-added analytics.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives. Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Maintain and make recommendations for an adequate information system to measure financial and operational results. This includes continuous improvements to the ERP system for MacDon Europe
- Work closely with management in directing and controlling resources.
- Maintain and make recommendations regarding a system of internal controls. Manage preparations for Internal Audits.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of the Five-Year Annual Business Plan and monthly Live Compass updates.
- Ensure that statutory financial obligations including audit, tax and other Government filings (i.e., VAT returns) are completed on a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that employee evaluations are conducted on or before the due date.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Group Controller.
Education and Experience
- A Minimum of three experience in related field.
- University degree in business administration, accounting, economics, or related field with a CPA (or equivalent) designation is required. Masters is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of IFRS & German GAAP (HBG) and European tax legislation.
- Excellent skills in both German and English, other EU languages a bonus.
- Experience in all areas of accounting. Preparing financial summaries and interpret financial health of the organization and report to senior management.
- Developing appropriate budgets and evaluating financial records.
- Ability to make sound financial decisions and change accounting procedures as needed. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interacting with co-workers and accountants and act as a liaison between different departments. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of applicable software programs (especially Excel). Experience with large ERP systems is required, (particularly JD Edwards is a plus).
- Ability to identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies.
- Have good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work