Warranty Administrator – 18 Month Term
Jan 04, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Reporting to the Warranty Services Manager the Warranty Administrator is responsible for assisting the Warranty Services Manager to oversee the warranty area and ensure that customer warranty concerns are addressed promptly and efficiently.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Review all warranty claims received via MacDon’s online warranty system to ensure that all are properly documented and verifying that all criteria required by MacDon Warranty has been provided.
- Enter any paper warranty claims received into MacDon’s warranty system ensuring that all are properly documented and verifying that all criteria required by MacDon Warranty has been provided.
- When additional information is required the Warranty Administrator must be able to clearly and professionally communicate with the submitter of the claim to obtain the required information.
- Based on MacDon’s Warranty Policies provide approval recommendation and forward the claim to the Warranty Services Manager for review.
- Generate the Authorization for Credit, the Claims Detail and Sales Order Page reports daily or as requested by the Warranty Services Manager.
- Generation and management of warranty Return Materials Authorizations (RMA’s) as requested by following the documented RMA process.
- Maintaining Product Update files within MacDon’s warranty system. By creating the program within MacDon’s warranty system and inputting updates in real time.
- Mailings/Communications for Safety Product Modification (SPM) to both end users and selling dealers.
- General office duties include answering of incoming phone calls to provide assistance to the caller or route the caller to appropriate person or department. Opens and sorts incoming mail, orders office supplies and maintains both online and paper files. This list is not all inclusive and is only a basic outline of some of the office duties required.
- Records and publishes the minutes of the weekly, monthly, yearly Product Support meetings and others as requested.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate dealer and equipment database including dealer labour rates, warranty start and end dates and any other items that may come to your attention. Reporting any error to the appropriate resource to have the database corrected.
- Generate warranty reports using MacDon’s reporting tool, Cognos, as well as creating new reporting as required.
- Generate and distribute new dealer startup packages.
- Generate cheque requisitions when requested.
- All customer and service records should be retained and organized neatly into a comprehensive filing system.
- Maintain and update the Warranty process documents as changes occur. As well provide process improvement suggestions.
- The Warranty Administrator should also keep abreast of all company announcements.
- Must maintain their knowledge of MacDon’s warranty policies and how it affects the dealer network.
- Other duties as assigned by the Warranty Services Manager.
Education and Experience
Hold a high school diploma or equivalent qualification.
3 years experience in a warranty environment.
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Customer Service skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Substantial proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer as well with the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Good planning and administration abilities.
Farm background and understanding of agriculture equipment is an asset.