Technical Writer/Training Developer
Apr 02, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Develop and maintain:
- Service Bulletins and Update Programs.
- Review and Audit Engineering Technical Publications.
- Website-Upload and maintain Product Support information.
- Develop Training Programs to suit department needs for internal and external training.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Investigate and write bulletins.
- Review and edit bulletins as required.
- Updating the service bulletin table of contents and bulletin files.
- Content development for monthly Product Support newsletter.
- Document Management.
- Making sure our data here is current in all locations.
- Website information uploading and maintenance.
- Develops appropriate and valuable training material to customers, dealers, and/or staff as required.
- Utilizes adult learning principles to develop content for courses.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the secondary job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Preparing files for sending to the print companies.
- Perform equipment disassembly and assembly procedures for manuals.
- Some Road Travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Related University degree or College diploma or certificate from a recognized Technical Institution, or applicable experience asset.
- Certificate in instructional technology or other learning disciplines an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2-4 years technical writing experience, including consistent and correct use of tense, grammar/spelling and terminology that is interesting and varied.
- 1-2 years training material development preferred.
- Minimum 2 years with CAD software (Solid Edge preferred).
- Strong computer skills (Technical Software).
- PTC Arbortext IsoDraw and DITA authoring.
- Graphic and Photo editing – Adobe Photoshop.
- Automation Studio (Hydraulic Schematics).
- Skilled in the use of recognized web-authoring applications (e.g. Lectora, Flash, Camtasia, Adobe Presenter, Articulate, Adobe Premier, Captivate, Flash, etc.) and is SCORM compliant.
- Familiarity with VR technology and associated software an asset.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint an asset.
- Strong proof-reading skills to produce error-free documents.
- Mechanical, electrical, and/or hydraulic background an asset.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Proven team player.
- Multitasks well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to learn and take on new and challenging Projects.
- Familiar with online course design and delivery as well as instructor-led.