Shipping Forklift Operator
Jun 05, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
A Shipping Forklift Operator at MacDon Industries is responsible for knowing the proper pick-up point of any machine or part he/she has to get. They are also responsible for knowing the different types of trailers to load and where and how to place the equipment.
- Transport finished product and parts from the proper pick-up point and delivers to appropriate destinations.
- Properly and safely loads product onto flatbeds and shipping containers.
- Receives general instructions from supervisor, Charge Hand and Lead Hand.
- Locates machines in the yard for loads and brings them to the load station.
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
- To work safely and point out anything that may be unusual or unsafe to supervision.
- Uses DSI gun to locate parts and jigs.
- Fill out daily forklift maintenance checklists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of all MacDon pre-screening assessments (including a forklift assessment).
- Secondary school (high school diploma or equivalent).
- Previous experience in the operation of a gas-powered forklift
- Completion of MacDon’s Forklift Operator training course.
- The ability to operate in all-weather conditions.
- Valid MacDon Forklift Operator license. Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Physically able to lift up to 47 pounds.
- Physically able to twist and bend frequently.
- Physically able to walk, stand and/or sit for 8 hours.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Clear communication (understanding written and verbal cues).
- Maintain a good attendance record and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Able to understand and communicate information in a clear, concise manner.
- Perform repetitive tasks following a prescribed routine.
- Know and understand the WHMIS labeling system.
- Able to do shift work (rotating shifts).
WORKING CONDITIONS (may have exposure to)
- Extreme temperatures (heat/cold).
- High noise levels.
- Fumes, vapors, and gases.
*This is a "summer" term position. If the term extends, reclassification may occur* Students are welcome to apply.