Jul 18, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
The Parts Engineer is responsible for the complete Parts Product Portfolio for MacDon Parts. This includes, the Engineering Change Process, Parts Master Data, Parts Stock Holding Policy, and Managing Parts through the complete Life Cycle of the Part.
- Manage the Engineering Change process and impact throughout the complete logistics channel.
- Manage the complete Life Cycle for Parts:
- Ensure Parts needs are effectively communicated to best manage the complete parts portfolio.
- Manage the Current Production part number cut out process to make good (Product cost/inventory) decisions on last time buys or last production runs.
- Reduce the number of existing parts through part number rationalization activities (replacement, supersession, kits, reuse, make obsolete).
- Coordinate the New Product Development process for all Parts functions:
- Ensure all Parts Distribution Centers, distributors and dealers are stocked appropriately to support new product launches.
- Ensure Parts Manuals match the product portfolio offer of the Parts Department.
- Ensure new Parts are properly priced.
- Ensure all Marketing Materials are updated.
- Attend all Company NPD Meetings representing the Parts Department.
- Recommended Stock Lists for Dealers, Distributors, and MacDon Distribution Centres.
- Determine Packaging requirements, branding, and package quantities for Parts distribution.
- Manage all Parts Master Data and all product identification codes including Critical Codes, Return Codes and Harmonize Codes.
- Establish and implement Parts Stock Holding Policy.
- Ensure use of Parts description standard.
- Coordinate, create and communicate of all Parts Maintenance and convenience kits.
- Develop and document process and procedures for each area of responsibility.
- Work Closely with Parts Forecasting, Supply Chain, Marketing and Distributors to support inventory management, sales and fill rate goals.
- University Degree in Engineering or Business or Diploma in Engineering Technology or Business Administration.
- Experience in Parts Planning, Bill of Material Management, Parts Distribution or Logistics.
- Experience working in a Service Parts environment.
- APICS certification an asset.
- Knowledge of New Product Launch Readiness, part number rationalization, inventory management, fill rate and sales.
- Basic project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Sound business judgment.