Junior Application Developer
Jul 19, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is part of a dynamic team responsible for maintaining MacDon’s eCommerce & business systems. As a Junior Application Developer, you will work closely with business stakeholders to develop new web technology solutions, integrations, and custom applications to support business needs. This is a full-stack developer position that will work with both front-end and back-end software technologies.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and understand business needs.
- Develop enhancements for web-based customer portal and interface with back-end ERP system using web-services.
- Maintain comprehensive suite of unit tests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs with software applications.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Work with technical infrastructure and operations teams to define database, network and hardware requirements to support new applications.
- Document release plans and coordinate deployment of new software features through various environments.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Java in programming is a strong asset.
- Experience in Angular web application development is a strong asset.
- Experience in REST and/or SOAP web-service development is an asset.
- Experience in J.D.Edwards ERP development is an asset.
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology is an asset.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker; attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized; ability to meet deadlines.