Location: Kansas City
Date posted: Mar 27, 2018
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilitiesand priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
• Monitor functional area of responsibility and ensure staff are handling product correctly
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized workplace as per MacDon standards.
• Monitor shipping supplies and reports to DC supervisor low levels.
• Any other duties assigned by KC Distribution Center Supervisor.
• Lead a team of DC personnel in the Courier, LTL area.
• Monitor courier shipments to ensure they are sent per MacDon timelines.
• Oversee pick, pack and loading process. Ensure MacDon Quality standards are adhered to.
• Responsible for performance against KPI’s; picked lines per hour, on time shipping, etc.
• Lead a team of KC DC personnel in the receiving and put away areas.
• Ensure incoming inventory is processed using FIFO (First In First Out).
• Responsible for performance against KPI’s; Lines received per hour, etc.
• Maintains records of outbound freight and tracks shipments to customers.
• Picking and packing daily parts orders.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Experienced and confi dent decision maker.
• Quality and safety mindset.
• Customer focused.
• Experience in MS Office.
• Experience in JDE or equivalent software
QUALIFICATIONS – Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED equivalent, post-secondary education preferred.
• Capable of obtaining certifi ed forklift operating license.
• Minimum three to five years of progressive Shipping and Receiving experience,
or equivalent experience.