Director, Information Technology
Apr 04, 2018
REPORTS TO: Vice President, MacDon as well as a reporting relationship to the Global VP of Information Technology at Linamar.
PURPOSE and SCOPE
As the senior IT leader, the Director of IT is responsible for building a high performance IT organization and aligning it to support the IT initiatives with business objectives, opportunities and financial requirements. This role will also provide leadership in the day to day operations of IT and serve as the strategic IT advisor to MacDon senior management and business leaders. The Director of IT is also the liaison between MacDon and Linamar Corporate IT and is responsible for ensuring the Linamar standards, policies, and values are embraced at the regional level.
The successful candidate will be a forward thinking and business focused IT leader who has experience implementing ERP systems across large, multi-location organizations, ideally with a global reach.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Lead strategic and operational technology planning regarding IT Infrastructure and architecture.
- Oversee and guide the upgrade and implementation of ERP systems in support of new and existing business initiatives.
- Champion the identification, definition, implementation and support of processes and technologies to add value to the organization.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Promote and oversee relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention and organization of all IT staff.
- Revise and implement a company-wide IT Governance process.
- Lead and define e-Commerce strategy for best-in-class dealer, supplier and employee portals.
- Coordinate deployment and management of systems as it relates to Security, Disaster Recovery and IT Service Community.
- Travel required.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in an IT role with progressive experience in managing and leading IT teams.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong business planning and financial management experience.
- Hands on experience leading the implementation of ERP technologies and systems (JDE is a strong asset) across large, multi-location organizations.
- It strategist as well as a business leader focusing on the benefits of IT towards solving the needs of Business.
- Proven ability in IT planning, organization and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively present information.
- Experience with building web portals focused on dealers, suppliers and employees is a strong asset.