Apr 11, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Use of statistical analysis, inventory demand planning tools, lead or adapt to change, and collaborate with other
departments to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals and meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Ensure KPI’s such as fill rate and inventory turns are met using statistical analysis and inventory demand planning tools such as; forecasting, DRP, and min/max. Work closely with Supply Chain to achieve these goals.
- Make recommended adjustments to KPI’s and inventory demand planning tools based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Plan & fulfill all worldwide Regional Parts Distribution Center’s (RDC’s) inventory requirements.
- Prepare, report, and communicate on KPI’s.
- Continuously Improving inventory demand planning tools, methods, and approach.
- Work with Management on any tasks assigned.
- Extensive skills with MS Excel and strong mathematical abilities required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in an atmosphere of change that regularly requires new and different solutions.
- Experience with DRP/MRP functionality
- 3-5 years of experience in a Demand Planning position, with IBF training & certification desired.
- Strong knowledge of Demand Planning/Forecasting systems in a multiple location Distribution environment.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes to work closely with buyers and expeditors.
- Experience using ERP software packages. JD Edwards experience an asset.
- Knowledge of inventory KPI’s.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and make sound fact based decisions.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement.
- Customer Service driven with a sense of urgency to handle issues in a timely manner.
- Positive attitude and willing to adapt and learn new skills.
- Knowledge of agricultural industry an asset.