Accounts Receivable Clerk
Jun 29, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk you will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the Accounting and Credit department. This position is responsible for accurate, timely and efficient recording, verifying and processing of Accounts Receivable transactions, primarily focused on payment processing, monitoring and problem solving.
- Verify and process payments received Canadian, U.S., & Export customers using an ERP system.
- Investigate discrepancies on payments received from customers, communicate with customers, and resolve receivable issues.
- Process daily reports and month-end accounts receivable statements and reports.
- Assist with monthly and year-end GL Account reconciliations and analysis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education business courses preferred
- Minimum of three years of work experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Previous working experience with accounting software program; advanced keyboarding/data entry skills.
- Experience with JDEdwards or other ERP System would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong working knowledge of creating and manipulating spreadsheets.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Courteous, co-operative and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.